10 Questions You’re too Scared to Ask – Author Interviews
Welcome to the all new author interviews from Lizzy’s Dark Fiction.
Now, this is not your normal interview. You will be asked questions most people are too scared to ask to your face. These questions are dark, embarrassing, and/or intimate. I will try to do this once a month. Why should you participate?
Because, Lizzy’s Dark Fiction will giveaway a copy of your book alongside your interview at no cost to you!
To enter: Email me at lizzylessard (at) gmail.com with your name, book you wish to use for giveaway, and let me know you want to do the interview. All genres of books will be considered, even ones not normally reviewed on Lizzy’s Dark Fiction.
What happens then? You will be emailed the 10 questions. You must explain “why” with each answer. You are allowed to substitute one question with a “safe” question (a normal interview question), but doing so might hurt your chances of being picked. I will pick my favorite interview out of everyone that has entered. If you’re not chosen, you may re-enter. Author contest will re-open as soon as the interview is posted on Lizzy’s Dark Fiction. Since this is a reoccurring contest, there is no set end date. Upon emailing me, you will be entered into the current contest and given the current set of 10 questions.
Not an author?
You can still join in on the contest!
Comment with a list of questions you think are too dark for the normal interview.
If I use your question, you get $1 to spend at Amazon for each question chosen. You can submit an unlimited amount of questions, but duplicate questions will be deleted so please read the comments before yours before submitting.
- US only: Paperback books giveaway. Book must be available through Amazon at a max pre-shipping value of $15. I will be the one responsible for sending your book to the winner.
- International: Ebook giveaway. You will be reimbursed for the purchase amount of the book through giftcard (default is to Amazon.com, but I’m flexible) at a max value of $15. If your ebook is under $5, then we can offer two books for giveaway. You will be responsible for gifting your book to the winner. I will let you know what format the winner wants.
Questions currently on my list:
- Imagine your characters are on survivor. Who will they vote out of the book?
- Imagine your main character dies on page one. Everything else remains the same. Describe the new plot to your book.
- Your main character commits a crime. Describe how and why.
- One of your characters kills another. Who kills who. How does it happen. (Accidents allowed. Extra points for creativity.)
- Reveal the darkest moment in your life.
- Who do you think is the most overrated author?
- What book are you ashamed to have read?
- What is the weirdest thing that has ever been said or done to you by a fan. (Internet stalkers count)
- Reveal your secret “author” crush.
- What scares you the most?
- Scariest thing you have ever read/written.
- Hardest scene you have ever written.
- Name a topic that you refuse to write about.
- Favorite monster/villain.
I Kill You Questions:
- Remember the notorious author threat? ”I’m going to write you into my book and kill you off.” Describe how you would kill off this person.
- What do you think is the worst way to die?
- Pick a popular book character. Write their death scene.